Saturday, July 10, 2010

Have you ever wondered what Northern Stars really are?
Out of curiosity, I googled "Northern Stars" and I got this.

At the present time, the northern pole star, or North Star, is Polaris, which lies about three-quarters of a degree from the north celestial pole, at the end of the "bob" of the Little Dipper asterism in the constellation Ursa Minor. A common method of locating Polaris in the sky is to follow along the line of the so-called "pointer" stars, the two stars farthest from the "handle" of the Big Dipper.
Polaris is a moderately bright star with an
apparent magnitude of 1.97 (variable) making it the brightest star in the Little Dipper. Its current declination is +89°15'50.8".
The North Star has historically been used for
navigation, both to find the direction of north and to determine latitude. It always appears due north in the sky, and the angle it makes with respect to the horizon is equal to the latitude of the observer. The North Star is visible only in northern hemisphere skies and so cannot be used for navigation south of the equator.

Ever since I turned 18 (not that it was a very long time ago),
I've a sudden obsession for astronomy and the like.
With that said, I would marry any guy who would take me to the moon.
Hahahahah.

I just completed my novel, Finding the Dream,
it sure was a good read.
And I've every reason to believe that Nora Roberts is my second favourite author after Nicholas Sparks.

Anyway I've been thinking about my life of late and what I really want for myself,
the sad truth is that I really couldn't quite figure where or what I wanted to end up being.
But I'm undeniably loving my life right now,
so it couldn't be half as bad a thing that things remained status quo.

Oh yes, went for PassionAC with Salad, Kelly, Glenn, Natyau and Zijie today.
And Salad treated me to Marche for dinner,
it sure tasted extra good ;)

I love XinMSN, makes me not miss my Chinese shows.

No comments: